ASEKOL’s compliance scheme is regulated by the valid body of law on handling end-of-life electrical and electronic equipment. In this section, you will find a list of valid Czech laws and regulations establishing conditions for handling of waste and the system of its take-back. The Waste Act is the main legal document with regard to waste management. In accordance with European Union law, it establishes rules for:
- averting the origination of waste and its handling while adhering to environmental protection, protection of human health and enduringly sustainable development
- treatment and handling of waste
- rights and obligations of entities in waste management
- jurisdictions of public administration bodies
In the links below you can find the complete wording of the Waste Act and certain key decrees closely related to waste management:
- Act No. 542/2020 Coll.
- Waste Act No.541/2020 Coll.
- Act No. 185/2001 Coll., on Waste, in Czech
- Decree No. 352/2005 Coll., on Particulars of Handling Electrical and Electronic Equipment and Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment, in Czech
- Communication of the Ministry of Finance on the accounting and tax regime of financing management of electrical and electronic equipment, in Czech
- Decree No. 383/2001 Coll., on Details of Waste Management, in Czech
- Decree No. 170/2010 Coll., on Batteries and Rechargeable Batteries, in Czech